Have you forgotten how to socialise?
Do you feel exhausted after a trip to the pub?
Are you avoiding meeting up with friends?
If you have answered yes to any of the above questions you may be suffering from a Social Hangover due to Covid.
Michalides likens going to a social event after covid to returning to the stage after a long break. He suggests that how we communicate at a social event is similar to a performance. This may also account for extreme tiredness after attending social events.
Suggestions to overcome a social hangover include :
· Create regular quiet times
· Develop relaxation techniques – meditation, walking or music
· Spread out social events
· Develop a social plan – diary a recovery day after a social event
· Set time boundaries to stay at an event
· Avoid large groups
· Try to avoid playing the excuse game – a lie can be exhausting.
· Be mindful of your energy levels and feelings and take action
If you’re suffering from the effects of covid this will sap your confidence. I would love to have a chat to see how I can help you.