It‘s a dull and damp grey day. Though its typical for this time of year, due to lockdown, it has a greater effect on our wellbeing.
Have you found that :
- you are currently more susceptible to negativity?
- that small things affect you more than usual?
- that your concentration flags quickly?
These are all signs of stress and the uncertainty of the current lockdown?
There are a number of small things you can do to make life more enjoyable :
- take control of your things to do list and identify just 3 things you can realistically achieve today.
- create a personal reward sheet – time to read a book, a bar of chocolate, phone a friend.
- allocate personal rewards after achieving something important ie 3 tasks set for the day
- research and take up a new hobby
- take a break and phone a friend for a chat
- allocate time for daily exercise – preferably in fresh air
- plan tomorrows tasks before the end of today
- at the end of each day identify 3 positive outcomes (even if it that you survived!)
Just a few of these ideas can turn an OK day into a positive and productive day!
If you need some help to identify or create positives in your life, give me a call!